2015 Niue Proof 1 oz Silver Forgotten Cities Petra
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
This coin, depicting the famed Petra of Jordan, is the second release in the New Zealand Mint's Forgotten Cities series. The limited mintage of 2,000 coins adds further collectibility to the .999 fine Silver content.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver
- Comes in packaging reminiscent of an explorer's journal, with included certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II with year and face value.
- Reverse: Image of the forgotten city of Petra, along with the latitude and longitude of this historic location.
- Certified by the New Zealand Mint.
This fascinating series is sure to be a hit with collectors around the world. Add this Silver City of Petra coin to your cart today!
Located deep in the rugged southwestern mountains of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Petra was once a thriving center of trade. The city was the capital of the powerful Nabataean Empire between 400 B.C. and 106 A.D.
History has it that Petra was founded as early as 312 B.C., however, by 700 A.D. with the end of Byzantine rule, the city had been all but forgotten due to earthquakes and a shift in trade routes. Carved directly into the vibrant red, white, and pink sandstone cliffs, this prehistoric city was soon abandoned and lost to the Western world for hundreds of years.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.