2015 Great Britain £5 Silver Salvation Army 150th Anniv Proof
Rollover to Zoom
The product pictured is the exact product you will receive.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsFounded in 1865 to bring "Soup, soap and salvation" to the destitute in London’s East End, the Salvation Army celebrates its 150th anniversary in 2015, and the Royal Mint has struck 1,500 of these Alderney coins to commemorate the occasion.
- Contains .909 oz of .925 fine (Sterling) Silver.
- Limited mintage of 1,500 coins.
- Comes in custom display box with certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Portrays the fifth portrait of Queen Elizabeth II, designed by Royal Mint engraver Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Features the logo of the Salvation Army and a banner reading "150 Year anniversary," designed by Laura Clancy.
- First time the Salvation Army has been recognized on British coinage.
- Guaranteed by the British government.
Celebrate 150 years of this much loved organization. Add this limited mintage commemorative Proof Silver coin to your cart today!
This coin celebrates 150 years of tireless work by Salvationists past and present, bringing hope, alleviating suffering and transforming lives. Laura Clancy’s design perfectly captures the spirit of the charity and each coin comes with a booklet giving a fascinating insight into the origins and evolution of this loved organization.
William Booth witnessed desperate poverty in Victorian London and began a new movement dedicated to alleviating suffering and helping people reclaim their lives. The charity now has a presence in 126 countries, supporting vulnerable and marginalized people and empowering them to transform their lives - the unemployed, the homeless, those who are isolated and forgotten or find themselves victims of trafficking.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.