1862 $5.00 Legal Tender Alexander Hamilton Fine
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the note shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsSeries 1862 $5.00 Legal Tender Note. Here's your chance to obtain a Civil War era issue of U.S. paper money. These notes are rarely available at any level of preservation!
- One of the very first Legal Tender notes issued by the United States.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Face: Features a likeness of "Freedom", the statue that sits atop the dome of the U.S. Capitol at left. A small portrait of Alexander Hamilton, 1st Secretary of the Treasury under Washington is at right.
- Back: Displays “FIVE” over a large "V" to the left and right with the obligation in the center.
- Series of 1862 $5 United States Legal Tender Note.
- A well circulated example of this elusive note.
This note is a quality example of early U.S. paper money issues, and is in Fine condition with the usual edge issues found on these early notes. Add this classic to your cart today!
Chittenden/Spinner signatures—Friedberg #61a.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the federal government to print paper money.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.