1869 $1.00 Legal Tender Washington VF+
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsA popular issue as one of the "Rainbow Series" issued beginning in 1869. This is one of the very first Legal Tender notes issued by the United States after the Civil War.
- Series of 1869 $1 United States Legal Tender Note issued by the United States after the Civil War.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- A solid Very Fine plus example.
- Allison/Spinner signatures—Friedberg #18.
- Face: Superb portrait of George Washington, 1st President of the United States with the "Landing of Columbus" at left and a large red Treasury seal.
- Back: Ornately engraved with the denomination in three locations, and the obligation at right.
This series has become a favorite with collectors due to the colorful front which gives these their nickname of "Rainbow Notes". Add one of these classics to your cart today!
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the federal government to print paper money.
This note has seen moderate wear, but is intact without the usual distraction typical of these early U.S. paper money issues.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.