2016 GB 1 oz Gold Year of the Monkey Proof (First Release)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Buy Price
Product DetailsAPMEXclusive®! Mintage of only 888 with the first 30 coins designated as First Release and exclusive to APMEX! In 2016, the Shengxiào Lunar Collection from the Royal Mint continues with the third coin in the series celebrating the Year of the Monkey.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a mint box with a numbered certificate of authenticity and First Release designation.
- Mintage of only 888 coins.
- Obverse: Features two swinging rhesus monkeys, designed by British Chinese artist Wuon-Gean Ho, conveying balance, freedom and flight, along with the Chinese character for monkey and the year.
- Reverse: Displays the fifth portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 100 pounds.
- Official legal tender backed by British government.
Add this stunning First Release 2016 1 oz Gold Year of the Monkey Proof coin to your cart today!
The Shengxiào Collection is a series of 12 Lunar coins to be struck for the United Kingdom and continues with a coin for 2016 celebrating the Year of the Monkey. Series artist Wuon-Gean Ho has created an intricately detailed design once again combining British and Chinese heritage. Finished to perfection in .999 fine Silver, this is a must-have to continue your collection or, with an ounce of Silver, a most auspicious gift.
The monkeys in Wuon-Gean’s design are inspired by the rhesus monkey, part of the “Old World” family of monkeys originating in Europe, Africa and Asia. Adaptable and intelligent, the rhesus monkey can thrive in mountains, forests, desert and grasslands and in China alone, occupies a wide geographic range, from Beijing all the way south down to Hong Kong. Rhesus monkeys are sociable creatures, living among communities or “troops”, so Wuon-Gean has depicted two monkeys in her composition. The monkeys were inspired by the artist’s playful niece and nephew, and are shown leaping through the air, conveying unerring balance, freedom and flight.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.