2016 1 oz Platinum American Eagle BU
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
- Product Details
Product DetailsThis patriotic coin features a beautiful close up of the Statue of Liberty, the perfect subject for the U.S. Mint's only investment-grade Platinum coin. The 2016 Platinum Eagle is the second release in the series since production was suspended in 2008.
- Contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in mint tubes. Multiples of 100 are packaged in “Mini Monster Boxes.” All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: The strong face of the statue below the word "Liberty," with the year and "In God We Trust" to the side. "E Pluribus Unum" is engraved along Liberty's raised arm.
- Reverse: An American eagle with outstretched wings soaring in front of a sunrise with "United States of America" above. The weight, purity and $100 face value are also shown.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect your Platinum Eagle in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
As a U.S. Mint authorized purchaser, APMEX is able to provide this popular and practical investment coin at an attractive price. Add this 2016 Platinum American Eagle to your cart today!
Bullion Platinum American Eagle coins were produced from 1997 until 2008, when the Great Recession forced the U.S. Mint to suspend production. Though the Proof Platinum Eagles were continuously minted, the bullion version was not produced again until 2014, selling just 16,900 Platinum Eagles.
98% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:J L Bunting
From:East Yorkshire United Kingdom
Date:Nov 14, 2016
Posted By:Paul M.
Date:Nov 14, 2016
Posted By:Metal head
Date:Nov 2, 2016
Posted By:E. Warren-Leicester
Date:Oct 24, 2016
I think this is one of the better platinum bullion coins for investors. My other platinum coin of preference is the one ounce manx noble, which, if I'm not mistaken, was the first platinum bullion coin marketed to investors. But I don't think one can go wrong with the platinum eagle from the US Mint, which has in my opinion, the additional benefit of being very recognizable.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand