2016 Australia 1 kilo Silver Lunar Monkey Proof (w/Box & COA)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
- Product Details
Product DetailsThe Perth Mint is known for their popular Lunar Series coins, and this Proof Silver edition celebrates 2016 as the Year of the Monkey. Each of these kilo Silver coins comes in a Perth Mint presentation box, ready to beautifully display or give as a gift.
- Contains 1 kilo (32.15 oz) of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a red and black presentation case and themed shipper with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of just 500 coins.
- Obverse: Portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by the date, face value and Silver weight and purity.
- Reverse: Depicts an adult monkey with a baby monkey holding a peach, symbolic of longevity and immortality. The Chinese character for ‘monkey’ and the inscription ‘Year of the Monkey’ also appear in the design with The Perth Mint’s traditional ‘P’ mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
The Perth Mint's Lunar Series coins are popular around the world. Add this 2016 Australian 1 kilo Silver Lunar Monkey Proof coin to your cart today!
As well as appealing to investors, these superb releases are perfect for people born in the Year of the Monkey – 1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004 and 2016. Those born under the influence of this sign are said to be intelligent, quick-witted, optimistic, ambitious, and adventurous.
40% of reviewers recommend this product
From:Las Vegas, NV
Date:Mar 22, 2016
This kilo proof was part of a large purchase. Everything else was great. This proof came with a slightly but definitely crushed box. The plastic capsule seems to have taken on internal damage from vibration. A small portion of the internal capsule along the rim is terribly marred. The plastic bits from this are scattered on the surface inside the capsule. The rest of the order included 25 other Perth mint capsuled coins including another kilo. No others but this proof have these defects. The whole point of a proof and the extra cost is to have something special. Will be contacting Apmex.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Poor Condition
Merchant response: We apologize there was damage during shipping. Our Returns team will be assisting you with this issue.
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.