2015 Tuvalu 2 oz Silver Goddesses of Olympus Aphrodite (HR)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsIn ancient Greek mythology, Aphrodite was worshipped as the Goddess of Love, Pleasure and Beauty, exciting passion in the hearts of gods and men. This high-relief coin has a limited mintage of just 2,000 coins, providing even more collectible appeal.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Rimless with a high relief design and an antique finish.
- Comes in a round wooden display case, with stunning lid detail, in a beautifully illustrated shipper.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination and date of issue.
- Reverse: Features Aphrodite sitting on the beach at Aphrodite’s Rock surrounded by scallop shells, holding a mirror in her left hand, with a dove perched on her right hand. She is accompanied by a swan and three dolphins, with the ocean and clouds in the background. The design also includes the inscription “APHRODITE”, and The Perth Mint’s “P” mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Tuvalu government.
This exceptional Silver coin would be a great addition to any Silver coin collection. Add this unique 2 oz Silver Aphrodite, Goddess of Love, Pleasure and Beauty, coin to your cart today!
According to Greek legend, Aphrodite was born out of the sea after Cronus castrated Uranus and threw his genitals into the ocean. The water began to bubble and foam in the spot where Uranus himself had also plunged, and suddenly, a beautiful maiden rose up from the sea foam. The woman, Aphrodite, floated to the shores of Cyprus on a giant scallop shell.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Pure Silver
Date:Apr 26, 2016
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.