2015 Australia 1 oz Silver Opal Ghost Bat Proof
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThis coin is the eighth release in the popular Australian Opal series and features a Ghost Bat. The Goat Bat is named for the extremely thin membrane of its wings that makes it appear ghostly at night.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Included display case has a light to represent the moon shining on the nocturnal creature. The case is accompanied by a stunning illustrated shipper and a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 8,000 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Incorporates an inner panel design of a flying Ghost Bat detailed in pure Australian opal. The outer panel of the coin features intricate caves and Kurrajong flowers. The design includes the inscription “GHOST BAT”, the “2015” year-date, and The Perth Mint’s traditional “P” mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
The unique use of Australian opal in this Silver coin design is sure to appeal to collectors around the world. Add this enthralling Silver coin to your cart today!
The Ghost Bat is native to Australia and the only bat in the country that is carnivorous. These nocturnal creatures live in caves across the northern part of Australia.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:May 17, 2016
This is a really well made coin. Besides being casted, an opal inlay had to be inserted. A real beauty. It shimmers/gives off fire like a real opal when held under a light. The silver portion of the coin is highly polished with nice designs. It comes in a nice black box that actually has 2 led bulbs to light up the case for that showroom look. I'm thinking I might buy the snake of this set next.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.