2016 Mongolia Silver 500 Togrog Year of the Monkey (High Relief)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
- Product Details
This is the first Mongolian issue of the Chinese Lunar Zodiac series. This coin is handmade and also uses a new technique, the HiCarv in Silver.
- Contains .803 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a decorative wooden box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 2,016 coins worldwide.
- Obverse: Displays the Mongolian coat of arms along with the coin's value.
- Reverse: Shows a monkey in the center and the inscription "Year of the Monkey" on top of the coin. Close to the monkey the issue date and the Chinese symbol for monkey.
The monkey is created using a special handmade HiCarv device giving it an ultra high relief. By using this technique, it gives the monkey the appearance of being made from stone. Add this 2016 Silver Lunar Year of the Monkey coin to your cart today!
Celebrate those born in the Year of the Monkey: 1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004 and 2016. People born under the Year of the Monkey are intelligent people with characteristics of being lively, flexible and versatile.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Feb 24, 2017
This is an interesting take on a "year of the monkey" coin, the design depicting a docile forraging young gorilla. The coin is very well made, and the relief really stands out and contrasts against the exceptionally smooth proof field which is not so dark as the third picture shows. The 4th picture is true to the look of the coin. The included display box is a natural wood color with a clear glossy finish. With only 999 produced, I feel this is a solid "semi-numismatic" addition to my collection.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.