This Series 1929 National was issued by the Anglo California National Bank of San Francisco, California. The Kelly census shows more than 340 Small Size notes known on this bank which was chartered early in the 20th century.
- These small size National Currency notes were issued beginning in early 1929.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Circulated $20 note from Series 1929 in Very Fine condition.
- Face: A portrait of President Andrew Jackson.
- Back: An engraving of The White House.
Since over 12,000 banks were chartered and issued notes, these issues have become highly sought after by collectors. Add this nice collector’s item to your cart today!
The Anglo California National Bank of San Francisco, California has Charter #9174 indicating that this bank was organized in June of 1908.
This note was the last of the series of National Currency Notes that were first issued in 1863. This type was conceived by Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase who devised a system of nationally chartered banks. Individual banks purchased U.S. government bonds and deposited them with the comptroller of the currency. For up to 90% of the profit, the comptroller would authorize the production of notes bearing the individual bank’s name.