This Ragnar coin is in the first release of the Scottsdale Mint's APMEXclusive® Vikings: Gods, Kings and Warriors series showcases Ragnar, a well-known Viking warrior turned ruler whose many exploits made him the scourge of England and France.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Housed in a round wooden display box designed with a large valknut, comprised of three interlocking triangles standing for “Slain Warrior”, surrounded by the Runic alphabet.
- Obverse: Displays the Raphael Maklouf likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II surrounded by the weight, purity and face value.
- Reverse: Features a depiction of Ragnar in 9th century Viking attire and weaponry, equipped with a Goosewing fighting axe, round shield, Nordic fox cloak, fighting sword, pouch and valknut necklace, showing his devotion to Odin. Behind him is a Celtic ring with seven rune stones spelling his name.
- Edge: Laser etched serial number, from 1 to 1,999, matches the serial number found on the included certificate of authenticity.
- Guaranteed by the Scottsdale Mint.
Complete your Viking Series collection or give this striking 2 oz Silver coin as a gift. Add this 2 oz Silver Ragnar coin to your order today!
A legendary Viking warrior and king, Ragnar of Lothbrok is likely an amalgamation of several prominent warriors. He is remembered for leading successful campaigns into France and England, galvanizing Viking armies to battle, and passing on his legacy to his many warrior sons, most notably, Ivar the Boneless.
He met his end when he was captured by king Aella of Northumbria and thrown into a pit of snakes.
Scottsdale Mint first released the 15-Coin Vikings: Gods, Kings and Warriors series in 2015. Each Silver coin in this Vikings Series depicts a famous Viking god, king or warrior. This 15-coin series will include: Odin, Ragnar, King Cnut, Thor, Harald Fairhair, Bjorn Ironside, Loki, Tyr, Freya, Ivar the Boneless, Eric BloodAxe, Harald Hardrada, Egil Skallagrimsson, Freydís Eiríksdóttir and Gudfred. Collectors will recognize Scottsdale's effort in creating a Viking coin series that is not only exquisitely crafted in stunning detail, but one that is historically accurate and pays homage to the Norse culture. Start collect these Silver Vikings coins today!