2015 2 oz Silver Coin Viking Series (Odin)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThe first release in the Scottsdale Mint's APMEXclusive® 15-Coin Vikings: Gods, Kings and Warrior series features Odin, god, king and ruler of Asgard, the home of the gods and Valhalla, and husband to the goddess Frigg.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Housed in a round wooden display box designed with the Triple Horn of Odin, which is three interlocked drinking horns, surrounded by the Runic alphabet.
- Obverse: Displays the Raphael Maklouf likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II surrounded by the weight, purity and face value.
- Reverse: Features a depiction of God Odin setting on his throne, Hlidskjalf, shrouded in mist and flanked by his shamanic helpers, two ravens, Huginn and Muninn, and two wolves, Geri and Freki. The background features a wooden slat wall as his throne sits in the hall Valaskialf.
- Edge: Laser etched serial number, from 1 to 1,999, matches the serial number found on the included certificate of authenticity.
- Guaranteed by the Scottsdale Mint.
Complete your Viking Series collection or give this striking 2 oz Silver coin as a gift. Add this 2 oz Silver Odin coin to your order today!
Odin, the Allfather, was the premier Norse deity, at once a magnetic and polarizing figure whose influence permeated all aspects of society. He was acknowledged as being the father of many great warriors and kings along with being the ruler of Midgard. As ruler of Midgard, Odin and his Valkyries carry half of those slain in battle daily to the hallowed halls of Valhalla in preparation for Ragnarök.
Odin is known for wandering through the cosmos in search of greater knowledge and sorcery, and being a practitioner of shamanism. Odin is said to have hanged himself on the cosmological tree Tggdrasil for nine days to gain knowledge of the runic alphabet, which he later passed on to humanity.
Scottsdale Mint first released the 15-Coin Vikings: Gods, Kings and Warriors series in 2015. Each Silver coin in this Vikings Series depicts a famous Viking god, king or warrior. This 15-coin series will include: Odin, Ragnar, King Cnut, Thor, Harald Fairhair, Bjorn Ironside, Loki, Tyr, Freya, Ivar the Boneless, Eric BloodAxe, Harald Hardrada, Egil Skallagrimsson, Freydís Eiríksdóttir and Gudfred. Collectors will recognize Scottsdale's effort in creating a Viking coin series that is not only exquisitely crafted in stunning detail, but one that is historically accurate and pays homage to the Norse culture. Start collect these Silver Vikings coins today!
80% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Sep 29, 2015
Coin was smaller than expected, a little larger diameter than a 1 ounce coin, but thicker. Because of the size the detail is hard to see. Over all a cool coin, and the wood display box is nicely done, but I'm not sure I'll get any of the others.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.