Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
From the famous Educational Series, this $1 Silver Certificate depicts History Instructing Youth. This note has some staining as well as a torn corner.
- Lowest denomination of this famous series issued.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Circulated notes from series 1896 in Very Good condition with much wear, but basically intact.
- Face: Features a vignette of "History Instructing Youth": to the right, the Constitution; in the background, the Washington Monument and the Capitol; around the borders, the names of great Americans in wreaths.
- Back: Dual portraits of George and Martha Washington.
Silver Certificates are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. These notes were backed by and could be redeemed for Silver coin! Add one of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
Series 1896 Silver Certificates were issued in denominations of $1, $2 and $5. These are referred to as the Educational Series for their artistic designs. These notes are some of the most in demand of all U.S. paper money!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.