1899 $5.00 Silver Certificate Chief F/VF
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThis is one of the Series 1899 $5 Silver Certificates - the famous "Chief" note, depicting Chief Running Antelope of the Sioux Indians. This issue is extremely popular among U.S. currency collectors.
- Features a blue seal and blue serial numbers.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- This note is a nice Fine/Very Fine example.
- Face: Features a portrait of Sioux Chief Running Antelope with a headdress.
- Back: Displays an engraved design with "FIVE" in the upper right and left corners and the number “5” at the lower left and right corners. It also has a large "V" in the center with the obligation.
- These notes were produced into the 1920s.
This 1899 $5 Silver Certificate would make a great addition to any Large Size Note collection. Add one of these classics to your cart today!
Teehee/Burke signatures—Friedberg #278.
The image on the bill caused some controversy among Native Americans. The image shows Running Antelope wearing a Pawnee headdress since his Sioux headdress was too tall to fit on the bill. These notes are still a collector favorite and as such are always in demand.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.