Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Features a Gold seal and Gold serial numbers.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- This example is a solid Extra Fine with no problems.
- Face: Features a central portrait of Michael Hillegas, 1st Treasurer of the United States.
- Back: Golden orange printing is featured throughout. The Great Seal of the United States is surrounded by sun rays in the center with the number 10 in each corner.
- 1922 is the last year of the Large Size Gold Certificates.
This series is from the end of an era in U.S. currency. Add one of these classics to your cart today!
Gold Certificates, like circulating Gold coins were withdrawn from circulation in 1933 as part of President Franklin Roosevelt's banking policies to counteract the effects of the Great Depression. Although no longer redeemable for Gold, they are still legal tender.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review