2016 Canada 1 oz Silver $20 The Universe: Glow-in-the-Dark Glass
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsCanadian amateur astronomers using the Burke-Gaffney Observatory made a remarkable discovery in 1995 when they identified a supernova in a galaxy about 70 million light years away, the first of such discovery made from within Canada.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: The dome of the Burke-Gaffney Observatory located at Saint Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, where a student looks through the observatory’s telescope. Against the softly colored glow of a clear, star-filled night sky, a unique glass insert captures the otherworldly beauty of a supernova.
- Added luminescence within the glass captures the lights and colors associated with a supernova, a stunning effect that also adds a shine to the reverse’s star-filled sky.
With its innovative features, its beautifully rendered artistic design and a limited mintage of only 8,500 coins worldwide, this coin is sure to be sought after.
Add this remarkable coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.