2016 Canada 1 oz Silver $20 Canadian Homefront: U-Boat Patrol
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsSigned into existence on December 17, 1939, the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan (BCATP) put Canada at the forefront of one of history’s largest multinational aviation training programs.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of only 7,500 coins.
- Obverse: The likeness of King George VI, the monarch during the Second World War.
- Reverse: Two airmen take to the skies in a de Havilland DH82A Tiger Moth biplane, which was used as a basic trainer for would-be pilots training in Canada during the Second World War. This close view allows the viewer to glimpse the struts and flying wires that held the wooden wings in place in their stacked position.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this 2016 1 oz Silver U-Boat Patrol coin to your cart today!
During the Second World War, over 130,000 air crew members from Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain and other allied countries trained as pilots, radio operators, gunners, crew members and flight engineers in facilities across Canada. It was one of Canada’s largest wartime contributions to the Allied cause, and has left an enduring legacy on the home front that is still seen today.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.