Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains five oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Limited mintage of only 50 coins.
- Presented in a refined case, the coin is accompanied by a booklet which has been created in collaboration with Imperial War Museums. It explores the wartime events of 1915, how those events shaped society, and reveals the designer’s inspiration for this moving tribute.
- Obverse: Features the fifth definitive portrait of The Queen by Royal Mint engraver Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Depicts the human devastation of war with a haunting scene of ravaged trees and the indistinguishable figures of soldiers lost in battle, frozen in the cold wilderness of no man’s land.
- Guaranteed by The Royal Mint.
Celebrate this momentous occasion with this limited mintage Gold 5 oz coin. Add this 5 oz Gold Proof coin to your cart today!
The centenary of the outbreak of the First World War may have passed, but The Royal Mint’s five-year program of commemoration, marking 100 years from that final Armistice in 1918, continues with a prestigious five-ounce coin. The second in a series of five-ounce coins, each revealing its own narrative, this respectful tribute evokes thoughts of the reality of a world in the grip of war in 1915, with a design by highly esteemed sculptor, James Butler MBE RA. The creator of many famous towering bronze sculptures, James Butler is also known for his numismatic accomplishments, including a commanding interpretation of the Royal Arms and the Great Seal of the Realm – Her Majesty The Queen’s own official symbol of royal authority and power.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.