Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThe Royal Mint continues its series of Lunar coins that lend a unique British angle to an ancient tradition. The third year in this popular collection features the Year of the Monkey.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coins in this listing will have abrasions and spotting.
- Limited mintage of 138,888 coins.
- Coin comes in protective plastic. Orders of 25 or more coins come in tubes. Orders of 500 coins or more are packaged in Monster Boxes (20 tubes per box).
- Obverse: Displays the fifth effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 2 pounds.
- Reverse: Features a rhesus monkey swinging through the trees, along with the Inscription "Year of the Monkey," and the weight, purity and year.
- Official legal tender backed by British government.
Capture the very essence of the Year of the Monkey with this prestigious Silver coin produced by the Royal Mint. Add this stunning 2016 1 oz Silver Year of the Monkey coin to your cart today!
With contemporary designs celebrating the animals of the Chinese Zodiac, The Shengxiào Collection celebrates the 12-year Lunar calendar and its traditions in a unique fusion of Chinese and British heritage. Following the success of the coins struck in the years of the Horse and the Sheep, this coin features the Monkey and is presented in strictly limited mintages.
This year’s coin is once more designed by British-Chinese artist Wuon-Gean Ho, whose cultural heritage makes her the ideal artist to convey the meeting of east and west. Wuon-Gean has created a beautiful and dynamic design that captures the energy and agility of the intelligent monkey. With work in collections at the Tate and the Victoria and Albert Museum, this is Wuon-Gean’s third commission for The Royal Mint.
80% of reviewers recommend this product
abrasions had little impact on coin appearance overall.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.