The Morgan Silver Dollar is the most popular Silver dollar in the world for its classic design and its Silver content. Originally used as American currency, the Morgan Dollar is now collected around the world.
- Contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in protective plastic tubes. All other coins will be in a protective plastic coin flip.
- Mintage of 5,305,000 coins.
- Obverse: Left facing profile of Liberty wearing a Phrygian cap adorned with wheat and cotton balls in her hair.
- Reverse: Bald eagle with outstretched wings clutching an olive branch and arrows in its talons.
- This issue features the mintmark “O” for the New Orleans Mint just above the denomination.
Protect and display your Morgan Silver Dollar in style by adding a clear plastic capsule to your order.
The Morgan Dollar was a part of everyday currency in America for almost 80 years. This piece of history will instantly add value to your investment portfolio or personal collection. Add this 1880-O Morgan Silver Dollar to your cart today.
The Morgan Dollar holds a special place in U.S. coinage as it was the first coin to feature Lady Liberty with an American look, rather than the traditional Greek style. Her cap is adorned with wheat and cotton as a tribute to America's agricultural history.
The image of the eagle was also updated for the Morgan Dollar, showing a proportionally correct eagle with beautifully designed feathers. He carries an olive branch, showing America's desire for peace, and is perched atop a bundle of arrows, signifying America's readiness to defend her borders against attack.