2016 Great Britain 5-Coin Gold Sovereign Proof Set
Rollover to Zoom
The product pictured is the exact product you will receive.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Buy Price
Product DetailsBritish Gold Sovereign coins have featured the same classic design since 1817 showing St. George slaying a dragon. This elegantly displayed 5-coin set provides collectible appeal to this timeless design.
- Contains a total of 1.8243 oz actual Gold weight.
- Comes in a custom wood box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: For 2016 only, each Proof coin in the collection bears a rare portrait of Her Majesty The Queen, by James Butler MBE RA, which will not appear on any circulating coinage.
- Reverse: Features St. George and the dragon by Benedetto Pistrucci, an image that has endured for almost 200 years.
- Sovereign coins backed by the British government.
The Sovereign continues to be recognized as a Gold coin of beauty, quality and value, and is considered by many as the flagship coin of The Royal Mint. Add this 2016 Gold British Sovereign 5-Coin Set to your cart today!
For centuries The Sovereign, The Royal Mint’s flagship coin, has been a constant of United Kingdom coinage, admired and trusted through times of change with a history of unrivalled accuracy. As Her Majesty The Queen celebrates her 90th birthday, the 2016 Sovereign pays tribute to Britain’s longest reigning monarch, combining tradition with celebration in a rare edition.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.