Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains .3617 oz of Silver.
- Encapsulation by PCGS guarantees the MS-66 condition of the coin.
- Mintage of 9,800 coins.
- Obverse: Features left-facing idealized portrait of Daniel Boone.
- Reverse: Depicts full-length figures of Boone and Chief Black Fish facing one another against a backdrop of the Boonesboro blockhouse at left and the rising sun at right.
- Designed by Augustus Lukeman.
- Guaranteed by the United States Mint.
Protect and display your Boone Half Dollar in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This commemorative coin will make an excellent addition to any collection. Add this historical Half Dollar to your order today!
Daniel Boone was once known by all as one of the first folk heroes of the United States. His service during the French and Indian War was followed by the exploration of the newly acquired Florida in 1763. Unfortunately Mrs. Boone did not appreciate the heat and humidity of the territory, so Boone commenced his explorations of Kentucky during 1769-1771. They attempted to establish a colony there in 1773, but were foiled by hostile Native Americans. He persevered two years later, however, establishing Boonesboro in 1775. While there were some hostilities between Boone and the Native tribes, he eventually made Peace with Chief Blackfish of the Chillicothe tribe.
|Mint Mark||S - San Francisco|
The total number of coins produced at a specific mint for a particular date and mintmark combination
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review