Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees and protects the PF-69 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: A reproduction of the obverse found on the Liberty Head Quarter Eagle that was minted from 1840 through 1907.
- Reverse: Portrays a young Buchanan in the family’s small country store doing bookkeeping.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Protect and display your Gold First Spouse coin in style by adding a presentation box to your order.
Add this 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse Coin to your cart today!
James Buchanan's First Spouse coin is unusual. Buchanan is the only president to never marry. James Buchanan's Presidency was rife with turmoil. He is known as the President who did nothing to stop the Civil War. Feeling the issue of slavery could be resolved by the U.S. Supreme Court, James allowed Americans to divide themselves. Buchanan denied states the right to secede, but admitted the federal government could not legally stop them. Buchanan then took a "policy of inactivity" and left the largest mess ever seen by the U.S. to his successor, Abraham Lincoln.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.