Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
The serial numbers range from A47856851A to A47856900A, inclusive.
- These $2.00 Red Seals were issued beginning in 1953.
- Like new consecutive notes from series 1953-A. Includes one STAR note to replace SN 47856884.
- These notes will be in Crisp Uncirculated condition.
- Face: A portrait of President Thomas Jefferson.
- Back: An engraving of his Virginia home, Monticello.
These notes are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. Add some of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
United States Notes were adopted for circulation during the Civil War in 1862 in denominations from One through One Thousand Dollars. The $2 denomination remained when they switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960s when the denomination was discontinued. The deuce was revived in 1976 as a Federal Reserve Note. Although they are still legal tender, their red seals and serial numbers make them great collector’s items.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review