1862 $2.00 (T-42) South Strikes Down the Union AU
Rollover to Zoom
The note pictured is the exact note you will receive.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThis 1862 issue Confederate deuce has the popular vignette depicting the "South Striking Down the Union" at center. There is also a portrait of CSA Secretary of State Judah P. Benjamin on the left.
- From the group of notes issued in 1862 by the Confederate States during the Civil War.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Lightly circulated example in Almost Uncirculated condition.
- Face: Features a central vignette depicting "South Striking Down the Union" at center. There is also a portrait of CSA Secretary of State Judah P. Benjamin at upper left.
- Back: Intentionally left blank.
These Confederate issues were once scorned by collectors, but are now in demand and rising in value due to the different issues and variety of designs. Add one of these classic collectibles to your cart today!
Catalogued as T-42, this note is hand-signed and serial numbered.
This note has seen minimal wear and retains most of its original crispness and is a nice example of CSA paper money used during the Civil War.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the Confederate government to print paper money, just as the U.S. government did for the first time.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.