2016 Canada Silver Anniv of Transatlantic Cable Proof Set
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsOn July 27, 1866, a new era of global communication began as the S.S. Great Eastern steamed into Heart’s Content, Newfoundland, to complete a link that could relay messages quickly between the Old World and the New.
This fine Silver proof dollar commemorates the 150th anniversary of that transatlantic telegraph cable, which revolutionized communications while transforming Newfoundland into an international hub.
- Contains 2 total oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Beautifully presented in a genuine leather book-style that offers an elegant way to proudly showcase your coin.
- Available exclusively in this set; the selectively Gold plated 99.99% Fine Silver Proof Dollar showcases the glistening waters of Trinity Bay and a unique filigree area at top, adding a striking contrast to the engraved Silver reverse.
- Obverse: Effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Starboard side view of the S.S. Great Eastern as the iron steamship triumphantly rests in the harbor of Heart’s Content, Newfoundland. In the background, the picturesque fishing village and the rolling hills that surround Trinity Bay are a welcome sight, signaling the end of one journey for the crew after spending weeks laying the transatlantic cable along the North Atlantic seabed.
Add this anniversary of Transatlantic Cable Proof Set to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.