2016 Great Britain £2 Gold Army Proof (WWI)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
In 1914, as Europe finally went to war, the call went out to enlist. The British Army, unlike many others, was made up exclusively of volunteers. 30,000 volunteers signed up each day, in response to Lord Kitchener’s famous recruitment drive.
- Contains .4706 oz actual Gold weight in Proof finish.
- Comes in high quality custom box with a certificate of authenticity from the Royal Mint.
- Limited presentation of 750 coins.
- Obverse: Shows the fifth definitive coinage portrait of Her Majesty The Queen by Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark.
- Reverse: The design for this coin was created by the team at Uniform, a leading creative consultancy based in Liverpool. The project was led by Creative Director Tim Sharp, a graduate in Graphic Design from Derby University with more than 15 years experience working at award-winning design agencies. Tim is also a visiting lecturer on design courses at both Chester University and Liverpool John Moore’s University. His design communicates the power of community and the lengths people will go to defend it.
- Official legal tender backed by British government.
Add this strictly limited mintage collectible Proof Gold coin to your cart today!
Those who enlisted together were permitted to serve together in "Pals Battalions" with workmates, friends and neighbors, standing side by side to defend their communities. The debut of the Kitchener Army of volunteers turned into a massacre. As the British divisions advanced they were cut down by machine gun fire. Few communities remained untouched by the immense sacrifice paid as a result of this strategic failure.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.