- Product Details
Product DetailsBritannia, the female personification of the British Isles who is known as a symbol of British unity, liberty and strength, is depicted on the coin. This Sterling Silver Proof coin commemorates the 275th anniversary of the composition of "Rule Britannia".
- Contains 1 oz of .925 fine silver.
- Comes in an original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 10,000.
- Obverse: Carries an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Ian Rank-Broadley.
- Reverse: Britannia is shown holding a shield displaying the Union Jack standing beside a regal looking lion.
- This coin was struck four times to produce this spectacular mirror finish!
- Guaranteed by the Ascension Island government.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any numismatic collection. Add this coin to your cart today!
The patriotic British song ‘Rule, Britannia!’ originated from a poem written by James Thomson of the same name and was set to music in 1740 by Thomas Arne. The song has always been strongly associated with the Royal Navy, but was also used by the British Army. This British tune was first performed at Cliveden, the country home of Frederick Prince of Wales on August 1,1740.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.