2015 Isle of Man Gold 1 Crown 175th Anniversary Penny Black Proof
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsWith a mintage of just 999 proof coins, this coin commemorates the anniversary of the world's first adhesive stamp which was introduced in Britain in 1840.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in unique presentation box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 999 coins.
- Obverse: Carries an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Lord of Mann, by Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS.
- Reverse: Features the design by Henry Corbould showing the profile of the young Queen Victoria.
- Guaranteed by the Isle of Man government.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any numismatic collection. Add this 2015 Isle of Man Gold 1 Crown 175th anniversary Penny Black commemorative coin to your cart today!
Back in 1990, Pobjoy Mint issued a coin which was the most innovative coin of its time and in fact was awarded with no less than Three Coin of the Year Awards: Best Crown, Most Innovative Coinage and overall Coin of the Year.
The coin in question was produced to commemorate the anniversary of the world’s first adhesive stamp which was introduced in Britain in 1840 by the famous reformer, Rowland Hill. The stamp made philatelic history, with a beautiful but simple design by Henry Corbould showing the profile of the young Queen Victoria. This stamp became popularly known the world over as the “Penny Black”.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.