- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- This is from the series of notes issued by the Confederate States in 1862 during the Civil War.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- A decent note in Fine condition.
- Face: Nice vignettes of the goddess Ceres reclining on Cotton Bales and an oval portrait of R. M. T. Hunter, who served as Confederate Secretary of State.
- Back: Intentionally left blank.
This note is a good example of CSA paper money used during the Civil War. Add one of these classic collectibles to your cart today!
Catalogued as T-46.
This note has seen moderate circulation, but is not damaged as many CSA paper money issues are due to the quality of paper being used. Hand-signed and serial numbered with neat cut cancellations and a few pinholes.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the Confederate government to print paper money, just as the U.S. government did for the first time.
These Confederate issues were once scorned by collectors, but are now in demand and rising in value. They have become a favorite with collectors due to the different issues and variety of designs.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.