2015 Ascension Island Silver 1 Crown Magna Carta Proof
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
To celebrate the 800th anniversary of the signing of the Magna Carta, Pobjoy Mint has released a stunning new commemorative dished coin. The Magna Carta is one of the most well-known documents in English History.
- Contains .9092 oz of .925 fine Silver.
- Comes in an acrylic capsule and is presented in original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 10,000 coins.
- Obverse: Carries an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Ian Rank-Broadley.
- Reverse: The design on the coin is based on the domed memorial at Runnymede in England which contains a pillar of English granite upon which is inscribed "To commemorate the Magna Carta, symbol of Freedom under Law".
- Guaranteed by the Ascension Island government.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any numismatic collection. Add this Silver 1 Crown Magna Carta Proof coin to your cart today!
The Magna Carta is one of the most well-known documents in English History. It was not meant to be a lasting declaration of legal principle, but was a practical solution to a political crisis which served the interests of the Barons of the time by reasserting the power of custom to limit the tyrannical behavior of King John.
The document was written on parchment, the normal writing material at the time. It was authenticated with the Great Seal of King John. Three of the four surviving copies of the Magna Carta have lost their wax seals over the centuries. It was sealed on 15th June 1215 under oath by King John at Runnymede on the bank of the River Thames near Windsor.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.