Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Each coin contains a total of 1 oz of .999 fine Silver for a total Silver weight of 2 oz.
- The 1 oz Silver Proof Angel coin is an APMEXclusive® that is only available in this set.
- The Reverse Proof Silver bullion was issued following the success of the Gold Bullion Angel.
- Comes housed in a wooden box. Includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Extremely limited mintage of 500 sets.
- Obverse: Displays the right-facing profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year.
- Reverse: Features the archangel Michael using his shield to block the dragon's flaming breath as he uses his spear to slay the dragon. Underneath the dragon's wings on the Reverse Proof is a "P" incuse privy mark indicating that this is the first Reverse Proof in production from the Pobjoy Mint.
- Sovereign coins backed by the Isle of Man government.
This breathtaking 2-coin Proof/Reverse Proof Silver Angel set is a popular choice because of its attractive design and limited availability. Add this 2016 2-coin Proof/Reverse Proof Silver Angel set to your cart today!
The Angel was a Gold coin originally introduced into England by Edward IV in 1465 as a new issue of the Noble. Based on a French coin, the Angelot or Ange, its name was derived from the representation of the Archangel St. Michael. A truly iconic coin the Angel, depicting an image of the Archangel Michael slaying the dragon, was thought to bring good luck and health and was traditionally given to sufferers of the disease the "King’s evil" or scrofula, in a medieval ceremony intending to cure them with the "royal touch".
This modern Angel, one of the World’s foremost bullion coins, continues to uphold this remarkable tradition by being the third design in the coin’s illustrious history since the first Angel was issued in 1984 by Pobjoy Mint.
80% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Insp 5
Date:Jul 23, 2016
Posted By: Wolfish Jimmy
From:Santa Maria, CA
Date:May 3, 2016
These Angel coins from the Pobjoy Mint are Beautiful. The quality of the strikes & the angelic design puts these silver proof coins among my favorites. The wooden case is rather simple, but it is sturdy and I prefer the wood to plastic anytime. The limited mintage of only 500 sets made this purchase a no brainer.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
Posted By:Chem T. Rails
Date:Apr 30, 2016
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.