2016 1/4 oz Proof Gold €50 Women of France (Queen Clotilde)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
Queen Clotilde was an influential woman in French history and is the first woman to be recognized in the new Women of France series from Monnaie de Paris.
- Contains .25 oz of .920 fine Gold.
- Comes in a box and with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of just 1,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features a portrait of Clotilde, presented with an aureola around her head, denoting her status of Saint. Queen of the Franks, she is wearing a crown. A drawing treated as a textile pattern can be found in the background.
- Reverse: Depicts the scene of Clovis' baptism, a major event in France's history. Clovis' baptism date is inscribed on the reverse as well as the year-date.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Gold coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2016 1/4 oz Proof Gold €50 Women of France Queen Clotilde coin to your cart today!
Clotilde (c. 474 - 545), princess of Burgundy, was the daughter of Chilpéric II and niece of Gondebaud. Gondebaud had his two brothers murdered in 491, and took care of his two nieces, Clotilde and her sister Chrina. Clotilde was a Catholic, but was brought up in her mother’s Christian faith.
Clovis, king of the Franks from 481, heard about the youngest descendant of the powerful family of Burgondes. Clovis and Clotilde got married in 493. Their first two children were baptized at Clotilde’s particular request.
It was at the battle of Tolbiac in 496 that Clovis himself promised to convert, on condition that he was victorious. He was subsequently baptized on 25 December 498 in Reims.
Highly instrumental in her husband’s conversion to Christianity, Clotilde died around 545 and was canonized around 550.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.