2016 5 oz Silver €50 Great French Ships Proof (The Belem)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThe last year in a successful series, this coin celebrates The Belem.
- Contains 5 oz of .950 fine Silver.
- Comes in a box and with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of just 250 coins.
- Obverse: Shows the ship in full sail right in the center of the coin. In the background, there is a detail of the rail running around the castle. The ship’s name is inscribed at the top of the coin within a border of rigging rope.
- Reverse: The reverse features a composition of helm and jib found on all the coins dedicated to sailing ships in the collection. The dauphin is part of the ship's stern cleats.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Silver coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2016 5 oz Silver €50 Great French Ships Proof: The Belem coin to your cart today!
The Belem was built in 1896 and began its career as a cargo ship transporting cocoa. It changed hands between the English and the Italians before being purchased in 1979 by a French company which restored it and created a foundation to promote and preserve it as a significant piece of French maritime heritage. In 1984, it was classified as a historic monument, but continues to be used for tall-ship sailing courses and at high-profile events. Its home port is Nantes.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.