2016 Silver €10 Great French Ships Proof (The Belem)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
The Great French Ships series from the Monnaie de Paris pays tribute to a sailing ship, a warship and an ocean liner. In 2016, The Belem was released, which was a cargo liner but was later used for tall-ship sailing courses at high-profile events.
- Contains .714 oz of .900 fine Silver.
- Comes in a box and with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of just 3,000 coins.
- Obverse: Shows the ship in full sail right in the center of the coin. In the background, there is a detail of the rail running around the after castle. The ship’s name is inscribed at the top of the coin within a border of rigging rope.
- Reverse: Features a composition of helm and jib found on all the coins dedicated to sailing ships in the collection. The dauphin is part of the ship's stern cleats.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Silver coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2016 Silver €10 Great French Ships Proof: The Belem coin to your cart today!
The Belem was built in 1896 and began its career as a cargo ship transporting cocoa. It changed hands between the English and the Italians before being purchased in 1979 by a French company which restored it and created a foundation to promote and preserve it as a significant piece of French maritime heritage. In 1984, it was classified as a historic monument, but continues to be used for tall-ship sailing courses and at high-profile events. Its home port is Nantes.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.