Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 0.321 oz of .986 fine Gold.
- Comes in a protective capsule and display box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts Gustav Klimt in one of his many favorite painting smocks on the right side. The head and shoulder portrait featured in the square frame is of Emilie Floge. Also on the obverse appears the country of issue, “Republik Österreich” or Republic of Austria, the face value of 50 euros and the year of issue, 2016.
- Reverse: Features a close up of “The Kiss“ along with the letter “T” completing the set of five coins, which spell out his name.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Austrian government.
Give a gift that will truly last a lifetime. Add this 2016 Austria Gold Proof €50 Klimt Series: The Kiss coin to your cart today!
Many experts believe that the painting is of himself kissing Emilie. The depiction is open to a lot of interpretation. It does not appear to be a gentle embrace but rather a more aggressive assertion of male power over the woman. He is holding her head at a very precarious neck-breaking angle.
The very intimate and evocative portrayal was typical of Klimt, including the complex and intricate geometric patterns. Many of Klimt’s paintings were seen as scandalous and a bit of an affront to society. However, “The Kiss” was well received and bought very soon after its introduction to the art world.
Each of the coins in this Gold collection includes a different painting of a woman representing the five major phases of Klimt’s artistic career. Each coin also depicts a letter in his last name: K, L, I, M, and T. Now complete, the coins of the series spell the word ‘KLIMT’.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.