John Reich's Capped Bust Left design made its debut on the Half Eagle in 1807. Half Eagles struck from 1807-1812 were subject to widespread melting making them quite rare. Add this unique series to your rare coin collection!
- Population of 5 coins at this grade level with 282 graded higher.
- Mintage of only 100,287 coins.
- Contains .2579 oz of Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the VF-35 condition.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty facing left, encircled by 13 stars with the word "Liberty" on her hair band.
- Reverse: Features a heraldic eagle with a shield on its breast. Surrounding the eagle is "United States of America" and the denomination.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Display your graded Capped Head Half Eagle in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Enhance your Pre-1933 Gold coin collection with this highly sought after coin. Add this historic and highly respected coin to your cart today!
This particular type has an abundance of rarities, including the 1815 mintage as well as the 1822 mintage. Most of these mintages started with a very low quantity and were eventually decimated later for each time the value of the Gold they contained exceeded their face value of the actual coin. There are various versions of Capped Bust Half Eagles, and this particular coin is the Left facing Capped Head Half Eagle graded by PCGS.