2016 Cook Islands 1 oz Silver $5 The Great Tea Race
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
We provide a 4.0% cash discount to our customers if they pay for their orders by check, bank wire or trade. The prices shown for each product under Check/Wire include the 4.0% cash discount. The prices shown for each product under CC/PayPal are the full list price
- Product Details
Product DetailsThis Silver coin celebrates the 150th anniversary of The Great Tea Race, a legendary sailing race from China to Great Britain.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a custom wood box and with a certificate of authenticity.
- Low mintage of only 999 pieces.
- Obverse: Displays a profile of Queen Elizabeth II, country of issue and face value.
- Reverse: Features two of the ships, "Taeping" and "Ariel". Their full sails are depicted with a high relief.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Cook Islands government.
Add this historical Silver coin to your cart today!
In 1866, some of the fastest clippers carrying cargo competed in a legendary sailing race. The goal was to sail with the tea crops from China to Great Britain. After 99 days on their home-bound journey the two fastest ships arrived with a time difference of 25 minutes.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
I love ship coins
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.