2016 Canada 1 oz Silver $20 Aircraft of WW1 Sopwith Triplane
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
- Product Details
Product DetailsAircraft technology was barely a decade old when the First World War began in 1914, but the needs of warfare quickly fuelled incredible advancements in aviation.
Second coin in an exciting new 3-coin series that shines the spotlight on aircraft flown by Canadian combatants during the First World War.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of only 7,500 coins.
- Obverse: The likeness of King George V, the monarch during the First World War.
- Reverse: Features a detailed, engraved depiction of two Sopwith Triplanes flying above the Messines Ridge in June 1917.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this 2016 1 oz Silver Sopwith Triplane coin to your cart today!
The use of selective color recreates the distinctive appearance of the Black Maria flown by Flt. Lt. Raymond Collishaw of Nanaimo, B.C., while at rear is the engraved depiction of the Black Roger flown by Flt. S. Lt. Ellis Vair Reid of Belleville, Ont. The Sopwith Triplane’s reputation for exceptional maneuverability is on display as the Black Maria completes a sharp turn; this allows for a closer view of the plane’s markings, wing construction, even its .303-caliber Vickers machine gun atop the fuselage. The parting of the clouds reveals the tragic devastation of the Ypres area below, where there is little left of the village of Passchendaele save for the ruins of its church and the road that curves through the blast-scarred fields.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.