1899 $5.00 Silver Certificate Chief Running Antelope VG
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
One of the most recognizable and popular notes in all of United States paper money is the 1899 $5 Silver Certificate. The note is popularized by the portrait of an American Indian Chief in full headdress.
- This denomination features a blue seal and blue serial numbers.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Graded Very Good.
- Signatures: Elliot/White—Friedberg#280.
- Face: Features a portrait of Sioux Chief Running Antelope with headdress.
- Back: Displays an engraved design with "FIVE" in the upper right and left corners and the number 5 at the lower left and right corners. It also has a large "V" in the center with the obligation.
The image on the bill caused some controversy among Native Americans; the image shows Running Antelope wearing a Pawnee headdress since his Sioux headdress was too tall to fit on the bill. Add one of these classic Silver certificates to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.