This series 1899 $1 Silver Certificate is commonly referred to as a Black Eagle note due to the prominent likeness of that bird on the front of this note.
- Printed between March of 1915 and November of 1919.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- This note is in Very Good condition.
- Face: Features a large eagle with its wings spread perched above small portraits of Lincoln and Grant.
- Back: Displays the obligation language at center with the denomination surrounding among stylized scrollwork.
These notes are popular among collectors. This popular note is a Very Good example with typical wear for the grade. Add this 1899 $1.00 Silver Certificate to your cart today!
Napier/McClung signatures—Friedberg #230.
The Napier/McClung signature combo indicates this note was the last of this type printed; before the introduction of the more modern looking series 1923 notes were introduced.