Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains .9092 oz of .925 fine Silver.
- Presented with box and certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of only 6,000 coins.
- Obverse: Portrays the fifth effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Depicts the debut of a new piece of military hardware, the tank, with infantrymen advancing behind it. The coin's edge lettering, "Dead Men Can Advance No Further", is a quotation taken from Major-General Sir Beauvoir de Lisle, Commander of the 29th British Division.
- Guaranteed by The Royal Mint.
Celebrate this momentous occasion with this Silver Proof. Add this 2016 Great Britain £5 Silver First Battle of The Somme Proof coin to your cart today!
The Battle of Somme is one of the landmark battles of the First World War and a turning point in the conflict. In the summer of 1916, British and French forces attempted to break through the German lines, but the offensive would exact a terrible human cost. The Somme casts a long shadow on those communities who lost so many of their men.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.