1 oz Silver Round - Hobo Nickel Replica (Skulls & Scrolls)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Buy Price
The third Silver round in the Silver Hobo Nickels series is "Skulls & Scrolls". A pioneer of the skull style, Mr The's Skull & Scrolls art was engraved in 2012.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual rounds will come in a capsule along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Proof-Like with a mintage of only 10,000 rounds.
- Obverse: Features a ghostly skull with an ornamental, Victorian-era scroll pattern. The date, designer's initial and Liberty are the only remaining devices left from the original coin.
- Reverse: Depicts a hobo in skeletal form with a knapsack while walking on a country road with a mountain scene in the background. The hobo's knapsack uses the buffalo hump while incorporating the line above the denomination as the hobo's walking stick. All of the original inscriptions are left intact.
- Edge-marked with a unique mint number matching the certificate of authenticity.
Protect and display your Silver round in style by adding an attractive presentation box recommended for this round.
Add 1 oz Silver Hobo Nickel Replica Round Skulls & Scrolls rounds to your cart today!
The hobo nickel is a coin that has had its original artwork altered into a new design by the homeless, often referred to as hobos, and then sold to make money. The U.S. nickel is a favorite coin to use due to the softness, size and thickness of the coin.
When the Buffalo nickel, or Indian Head, was introduced in 1913, it became popular among coin engravers. The large Native American head gave the artists a large template to work from that allowed finer detail work to be done. With this large template to work from, the hobo nickel became highly popular. Due to the softness of the metal in the nickel, hobo nickel tools could be made from any crude tool that could make a scratch, displace or punch into the coin.
The artwork of each hobo nickel is unique. Some hobo nickel artists would repeat specific designs due to their popularity, but most tried to create something new with each coin. Whether you are a veteran hobo nickel collector, or you are looking to start a hobo nickel collection, these Silver hobo nickel replicas at APMEX are perfect for you.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Jul 26, 2016
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.