Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Low limited mintage of only 10,000 coins.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell with a graphic outer box.
- Obverse: Effigy of King George V.
- Reverse: Design honors the Battle of Beaumont-Hamel where soldiers participated in a ground attack in the Somme Offensive. In the foreground, a young soldier advances in formation across No Man’s Land toward enemy lines. The battle-scarred terrain provides little protective cover for the soldiers, who are in full view of the enemy as they contend with the tangle of barbed wire defenses.
Add this brilliant Silver commemorative coin to your cart today!
Selective Gold plating beautifully showcases the faithful recreation of the winged figure of Victory, as it appeared on the Victory Medal. This coin serves as a thoughtful addition to any military or history-themed collection and a meaningful gift for the loved ones and descendants of those who proudly served their country abroad.
The intensity of the artillery and machine gun fire that awaited the Newfoundlanders is evident throughout this intricately engraved scene, particularly in the foreground where the soldier assumes a slightly crouched stance while he courageously moves forward with his rifle and bayonet. In the background, the gnarled appearance of the “Danger Tree” is particularly symbolic as its remnants marked the spot where the Newfoundlanders would face the most intense fire, and where so many of them would fall. Selective Gold plating showcases the winged figure of “Victory” as it appeared on the Victory Medal, which was awarded to the allied soldiers of the First World War.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.