THE ULTIMATE CANADIAN GETAWAY SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
CONTEST IS OPEN TO ALL PERSONS WHO ARE LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS AND ARE AGE 21 OR OLDER. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. CONTEST STARTS MARCH 7, 2016 AND ENDS APRIL 4, 2016 AT MIDNIGHT (ET). MAIL-IN ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM MARCH 7, 2016 THROUGH APRIL 11, 2016. TRIP MUST BE COMPLETED BETWEEN MAY 15, 2016 AND NOVEMBER 15, 2016. SOME BLACKOUT DATES MAY APPLY.
1. In the Ultimate Canadian Getaway Sweepstakes (the “Contest”), APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint (the “Prize Suppliers”) will award one individual two roundtrip coach-class tickets to Ottawa, Canada, departing from the closest major airport to the winner’s physical address, four nights’ accommodations at a four-star Ottawa hotel, a private VIP tour of the world-renowned Royal Canadian Mint, lunch with a Royal Canadian Mint executive, a photo holding a 400 oz Gold bar, minting of a production coin, a gift of one (1) numismatic coin, travel to and from Chelsea with a full-day pass for two to Le Nordik Spa, and tickets for two to the National Gallery of Canada (the “Prize”).
Travel will be in coach class on a major airline carrier of APMEX’s choice, departing from a U.S. airport nearest the winner’s physical address, destined for Ottawa, Canada and returning to the same airport as the departure. Winner and guest are responsible for arrangement of passports, visas and insurance.
Air travel arrangements are subject to the following conditions:
- Travel must commence and be completed between MAY 15, 2016 AND NOVEMBER 15, 2016.
- The winner and companion must travel together on the same flights.
- All travel must be completed within 5 days from the date travel commences.
- Travel is valid for the segments stated above only. Some blackout dates may apply.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Travel is subject to schedule changes and may only be used on the designated airline carrier’s operated services.
- This award is excluded from frequent flyer mileage credit and does not include carriage where the airline has seat lease agreements with other airlines (travel not valid on code-share flights).
- Prizes may not be sold to, bartered with, purchased or utilized by a third party.
- Government and airport taxes, and any other airline surcharges imposed on passengers, are the responsibility of the winner.
- The winners are responsible for the cost and arrangements of their own meals and other incidentals.
2. Except as provided in Rules 9 and 10, the Contest is open to all persons who are 21 years of age or older, are legal residents of the United States and are currently residing in the United States.
3. How to Enter:
No purchase is required to participate in the Contest.
Beginning MARCH 7, 2016, when a person purchases any eligible Royal Canadian Mint product (2016 Batman vs. Superman coins are not eligible) through www.APMEX.com, or orders these products from APMEX by telephone, he or she will automatically be entered in the Contest. Purchases made on eBay do not qualify for entry into the Contest.
However, no purchase is required to enter, so in lieu of purchasing Royal Canadian Mint products, you may fill out this online entry form, providing your name, phone number and a valid email address. You may also send a 3”x 5” note card on which you have printed your name, phone number and a valid email address. This should be sent to the below address and must be received no later than APRIL 11, 2016. One online entry or mail-in entry per household. All entrant-provided email addresses may be collected by APMEX for promotional use. Send your entry to:
Ultimate Canadian Getaway Sweepstakes
226 Dean A. McGee
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint shall not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries. The Prize will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
4. The winner will be selected the week of APRIL 11, 2016, from among all eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by telephone or electronic mail at the discretion of APMEX no later than APRIL 18, 2016. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification of that winner and the selection of another winner by APMEX.
5. APMEX is entitled to make all decisions with respect to the application and/or the interpretation of these rules and the conduct of the Contest. Any decision of APMEX relating to the interpretation or application of these rules or the conduct of the Contest shall be final.
6. The winner shall sign and return: (a) an affidavit attesting to eligibility and compliance with these rules as a condition to receiving the Prize, and (b) a release and authorization for APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint to use his/her first name and likeness for publicity purposes without compensation, as a condition to receiving the Prize. The affidavit and release will be sent to the winner by APMEX within one week after the winner has been selected. The winner must return the affidavit and release to APMEX no later than APRIL 29, 2016. Noncompliance with these conditions will result in disqualification of the winner and the selection of another winner. Participants in the second selection process, if any, will consist of all non-winning entrants, who will be automatically entered in the Contest. The winner in the second selection process, if any, will be notified no later than MAY 6, 2016. The winner selected in the second selection process, if any, shall sign and return: (a) an affidavit attesting to eligibility and compliance with these rules as a condition to receiving the Prize, and (b) a release and authorization for APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint to use his/her first name and likeness for publicity purposes without compensation, as a condition to receiving the Prize. The affidavit and release will be sent to the second winner, if any, within one week of selection. The winner must return the affidavit and release no later than MAY 16, 2016. No further selection of winners will be conducted. The winner shall also sign and submit a release and authorization permitting APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint to use all digital photos (either produced by the winner or furnished to the winner by the Royal Canadian Mint), first name, and likeness for any reason, and in any manner, for an indefinite period. The winner and the winner’s guest shall complete, execute and return to APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint such other documentation as may be reasonably requested by APMEX and/or the Royal Canadian Mint to evidence further their agreement with these Rules.
7. Prizes may be taxable by the Internal Revenue Service and other tax authorities. Each winner will be responsible for taxes payable to the Internal Revenue Service or any other tax authority and must provide a valid taxpayer ID and Social Security Number when accepting the Prize. APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint are not liable for any of such taxes.
8. The Prize consists of two (2) roundtrip coach-class tickets to Ottawa, Canada, departing from the closest major airport to the winner’s physical address, four nights’ accommodations at a four-star Ottawa hotel, a private VIP tour of the world-renowned Royal Canadian Mint, lunch with a Royal Canadian Mint executive, a gift of one (1) numismatic coin, a photo holding a 400 oz Gold bar, minting of a production coin, travel to and from Chelsea with a full-day pass for two to Le Nordik Spa, and tickets for two to the National Gallery of Canada. Each trip is valued at $1,750.00 US. Each Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize and specifically excludes anything else. Air carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Travel on tickets must be completed by NOVEMBER 15, 2016. Reservations are subject to availability, and certain restrictions apply.
9. The Contest is open to all individuals age 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of APMEX, the Royal Canadian Mint, their subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, or partners and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children), and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. If it is found that a person who does not meet the eligibility criteria set forth in these rules has submitted an entry, that entry will be deemed ineligible and the person will not be eligible to receive the Prize.
10. The Contest is not open to U.S. residents residing outside the United States. The Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited by law, restricted or taxed.
11. APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint reserve the right to disqualify any entries for any error in the transmission of online entries.
12. No substitution or transfer of the Prize is permitted, except that APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or lesser value in the event that the Prize is unavailable.
13. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission to APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint and their agencies to use the winner’s first name, state of residence and/or likeness for any promotional, advertising, or Internet usage for an indefinite period without further compensation unless prohibited by law. All materials are the sole property of APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint and will not be returned.
14. APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint make no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning the Prize and disclaim any implied warranty. By accepting a Prize, the winner and the winner’s guest agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint, and their respective directors, officers, agents, employees, affiliates and assigns, from and against any and all claims, loss, expense, damage, and/or liability, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from, or in connection with, the Contest and the use, misuse or non-use of the Prize. The winner and the winner’s guest assume all liability for any injury, loss, damage or death caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Ultimate Canadian Getaway Sweepstakes or use of the Prize.
15. Roundtrip air travel from the United States on board the carrier of APMEX’s choice will be governed by the terms and conditions of the above mentioned airline service provider.
16. By accepting the Prize, the winner and the winner’s guest agree that the hotel accommodations and the travel are being provided by the hotel and selected airlines, not by APMEX or the Royal Canadian Mint. APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint are not liable to the winner or the winner’s guest for such hotel accommodations and such travel.
17. By participating in the Ultimate Canadian Getaway Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and any interpretation or application thereof by APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint.
18. APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint reserve the right to change the Official Contest Rules or terminate the Contest without notice. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned (including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering or unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest), APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint reserve the right at their individual sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
19. APMEX and the Royal Canadian Mint shall not be responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or announcement of the Prize.
20. A winner’s list will be available by sending a request to: APMEX – Ultimate Canadian Getaway Sweepstakes Winner’s List, 226 Dean A. McGee, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73102. All requests for a winner’s list must be received by MAY 6, 2016.
21. This Contest is sponsored by APMEX, Inc., 226 Dean A. McGee, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73102 and the Royal Canadian Mint, 320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8, Canada.