Win a Trip to Vienna
With more than 800 years of history, the Austrian Mint is one of the oldest mints in the world. And now, APMEX is giving one lucky winner the trip of a lifetime to visit the beautiful city of Vienna, Austria, and see the mint for themselves. Simply purchase any eligible Austrian Mint product to be automatically entered to win two round-trip tickets to Vienna, five nights’ accommodations and a tour of the world-renowned Austrian Mint – courtesy of APMEX. Additionally, the winner will be treated to dinner and a concert at the famous Golden Hall, home of the Vienna Philharmonic. No purchase necessary. See official rules for details.
THE APMEX VOYAGE TO VIENNA SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN TO ALL PERSONS WHO ARE LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS AND ARE AGE 21 OR OLDER. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SWEEPSTAKES STARTS JULY 9, 2018 AND ENDS JULY 29, 2018 AT MIDNIGHT (ET). TRIP MUST BE TAKEN BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 1, 2018 AND JULY 31, 2019. SOME BLACKOUT DATES MAY APPLY.
1. In the APMEX Voyage to Vienna Sweepstakes (“the Sweepstakes”), APMEX will award one individual two round-trip coach class tickets to Vienna, Austria, departing from the closest major U.S. airport to the winner’s physical address, five nights’ accommodations in one double-occupancy room at a four-star Vienna hotel, chauffeured transportation to and from the airport, transportation to and from the Austrian Mint for a tour, tickets to dinner and a concert at the world-famous Golden Hall and $1,000.00 USD spending money (“the Prize”).
Travel will be in coach class on a major airline carrier of APMEX’s choice, departing from the closest major airport to the winner’s physical address, destined for Vienna, Austria, and returning to the same airport as the departure. Winner and guest are responsible for arrangement of passports, visas and insurance.
Accommodations and transfer transportation within Austria will be chosen and provided by the Austrian Mint. The winners are responsible for cost and arrangements of their own meals and other incidentals, but will receive $1,000.00 USD. Winner must provide at least one month’s notice prior to desired travel dates.
Air travel arrangements are subject to the following conditions:
- Travel must be completed between SEPTEMBER 1, 2018 AND JULY 31, 2019. Blackout dates include but are not limited to December 17, 2018 through January 7, 2019.
- The winner and companion must travel together on the same flights.
- All travel must be completed within seven days from the date your travel commences.
- Travel is valid for the segments stated above only.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Travel is subject to schedule changes and may only be used on the designated airline carrier’s operated services.
- This award is excluded from frequent flyer mileage credit and does not include carriage where the airline has seat lease agreements with other airlines (travel not valid on code-share flights).
- Prizes may not be sold to, bartered with, purchased or utilized by a third party.
- Government and airport taxes, and any other airlines surcharges imposed on passengers, are the responsibility of the winner.
2. Except as provided in Rules 9 and 10, the Sweepstakes is open to all persons who are 21 years of age or older and are legal residents of the United States.
3. How To Enter:
No purchase is required to participate in the Sweepstakes.
Beginning JULY 9, 2018, when a person purchases any 2017 or 2018-dated Austrian Mint product through www.APMEX.com, or orders these products from APMEX by telephone, he or she will automatically be entered in the Sweepstakes. Purchases made on eBay do not qualify for entry into this Sweepstakes.
However, no purchase is required to enter, so in lieu of purchasing eligible Austrian Mint products, you may fill out this online entry form, providing your name, phone number and a valid email address. You may also send us a 3”x 5” note card with this information. Mail-in entries must be received no later than JULY 30, 2018. One online entry or mail-in entry per household. All entrant-provided email addresses may be collected by APMEX for promotional use. Send your entry to:
Voyage to Vienna Sweepstakes
226 Dean A. McGee
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
APMEX shall not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries. The prize will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
4. The winner will be randomly selected the week of AUGUST 13, 2018, from among all eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by telephone or electronic mail at the discretion of APMEX no later than AUGUST 17, 2018. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification of that winner and the selection of another winner by APMEX.
5. APMEX is entitled to make all decisions with respect to the application and/or the interpretation of these rules and the conduct of the Sweepstakes. Any decision of APMEX relating to the interpretation or application of these rules or the conduct of the Sweepstakes shall be final.
6. The winner shall sign and return: (a) an affidavit attesting to eligibility and compliance with these rules as a condition to receiving the Prize; and (b) a release and authorization for APMEX to use his/her first name, last initial, state of residence and likeness for publicity purposes without compensation, as a condition to receiving the Prize. The affidavit and release will be sent to the winner by APMEX within one week after the winner has been selected. The winner must return the affidavit and release no later than AUGUST 27, 2018. Noncompliance with these conditions will result in disqualification of the winner and the selection of another winner. Participants in the second selection process, if any, will consist of all non-winning entrants, who will be automatically entered in the Sweepstakes. The winner in the second selection process, if any, will be notified no later than AUGUST 31, 2018. The winner selected in the second selection process, if any, shall sign and return: (a) an affidavit attesting to eligibility and compliance with these rules as a condition to receiving the Prize; and (b) a release and authorization for APMEX to use his/her first name, last initial, state of residence and likeness for publicity purposes without compensation, as a condition to receiving the Prize. The affidavit and the release and authorization will be sent to the second winner, if any, within one week of selection. The second winner, if any, must return the affidavit and the release and authorization no later than SEPTEMBER 10, 2018. No further selection of winners will be conducted. The winner shall also sign and submit a release and authorization permitting APMEX to use all digital photos, first name, last initial, state of residence and likeness produced by any winner during his/her trip to Austria for any reason, and in any manner, for an indefinite period.
The winner and the winner’s guest shall complete, execute and return to APMEX such other documentation as may be reasonably requested by APMEX to evidence further their agreement with these Rules.
7. Prizes may be taxable by the Internal Revenue Service and other tax authorities. Each winner will be responsible for taxes payable to the Internal Revenue Service or any other tax authority and must provide a valid taxpayer ID and Social Security Number when accepting the Prize. APMEX is not liable for any of such taxes.
8. The Prize consists of two (2) round-trip coach class tickets to Vienna, Austria, departing from the closest major U.S. airport to the winner’s physical address, five nights’ accommodations in one double-occupancy room at a four-star Vienna hotel, chauffeured transportation to and from the airport, transportation to and from the Austrian Mint for a tour, tickets to dinner and a concert at the world-famous Golden Hall and $1,000.00 USD spending money. Each trip for two persons is valued at $7,500 USD. Each Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize and specifically excludes anything else. Air carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Travel on tickets must be completed by JULY 31, 2019. Reservations are subject to availability, and certain restrictions apply.
9. The Sweepstakes is open to all individuals age 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of APMEX, the Austrian Mint, their subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies or partners and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. If it is found that a person who does not meet the eligibility criteria set forth in these rules has submitted an entry, that entry will be deemed ineligible and the person will not be eligible to receive the Prize.
10. The Sweepstakes is not open to residents residing outside the United States. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited by law, restricted or taxed.
11. APMEX reserves the right to disqualify any entries for any error in the transmission of online entries.
12. No substitution or transfer of the Prize is permitted, except that APMEX reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or lesser value in the event that the Prize is unavailable.
13. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission to APMEX and its agencies to use a winner's first name and/or likeness for any promotional, advertising, or Internet usage for an indefinite period without further compensation unless prohibited by law. All materials are the sole property of APMEX and will not be returned.
14. By accepting a Prize, the winner and the winner’s guest agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless APMEX and the Austrian Mint, and their respective directors, officers, agents, employees, affiliates and assigns, from and against any and all claims, loss, expense, damage and/or liability, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from, or in connection with, the Sweepstakes and the use or non-use of the Prize. The winner and the winner’s guest assume all liability for any injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Voyage to Vienna Sweepstakes or use of the Prize.
15. Round-trip air travel from the United States on board the carriers of APMEX’s choice will be governed by the terms and conditions of the above mentioned airline service provider.
16. By accepting the Prize, the winner and the winner’s guest agree that the hotel accommodations and the travel are being provided by the hotel and selected airlines, not by APMEX or the Austrian Mint. APMEX is not liable to the winner or the winner’s guest for such hotel accommodations and such travel.
17. By participating in the Voyage to Vienna Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and any interpretation or application thereof by APMEX.
18. APMEX reserves the right to change the Sweepstakes Official Rules or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned (including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering or unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes), APMEX reserves the right at their individual sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
19. APMEX shall not be responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Prize.
20. A winners list will be available by sending a request to: APMEX – Voyage to Vienna Sweepstakes Winners List, 226 Dean A. McGee, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73102. All requests for the winners list must be received by AUGUST 17, 2018.
21. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by APMEX, Inc., 226 Dean A. McGee, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73102 and the Austrian Mint, Am Heumarkt 1, 1030 Vienna, Austria.