This unique Silver coin, the second in the Perth Mint's Gods of Olympus series, features a beautifully detailed image of a bearded Poseidon riding the waves on his chariot pulled by two hippocampi and clutching his trident.
In addition to the interesting design, these coins have a limited mintage of just 1,500 coins, adding even more collectibility to this .999 fine Silver coin!
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Housed in a prestigious wooden display case and includes a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value.
- Reverse: POSEIDON and the Perth Mint's 'P' mintmark are incorporated into the design.
- To capture the depth and detail of this unique design, the coin is struck in high relief to a rimless format and features an antique finish.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Tuvalu government.
Add this incredible high relief coin to your cart today!
In ancient Greek mythology, Poseidon was worshiped as the God of the Sea. Adept at gathering clouds and creating violent storms, Poseidon was responsible for countless shipwrecks and the drowning of many souls, yet he also held the power to grant a ship a successful voyage, and to save those in danger. He is also often referred to as the ‘earth-shaker’ due to his penchant for causing earthquakes.