Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
African elephants are the largest and heaviest land animal on the earth with no known natural predators once they reach adulthood. This majestic animal graces the reverse of each coin with a design that changes yearly making it desirable by both collectors and investors.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Multiples of 25 are packaged in mint tubes. All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Displays the Somalian Coat of Arms and the date along with the face value of 50 shillings.
- Reverse: Features a majestic elephant with his trunk in the air, walking across the Serengeti. In the background is a native grass hut next to a coconut tree with a glimpse of the sun rising above.
- Minted at the Bavarian State Mint in Germany.
Handle your 1/2 oz Silver Elephants with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Being the largest land animal and one of the most majestic creatures on the planet, this is sure to be a hit with collectors and investors alike. Add this 2017 1/2 oz Silver Somalian Elephant coin to your cart today!
70% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Rooster Dad
From:San Pedro, CA
Date:Apr 8, 2017
I was excited to know the Somalia Elephants were starting to come in fractional sizes. I thought about collecting the half oz. coins yearly, since the design changes every year. The 33mm size requires an I Air Tite. The coin is too small for an Air Tite of that size. The coins look inappropriate when displayed. The 2017 half oz. will be my one and only fractional elephant.. It is however, a beautifully struck coin that is reliable (Bavarian Mint). If you don't mind the size, buy one. I wish they came in 32mm diameter....
- Attractive Design
- Mint Condition
- Hard to Sell
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.