One Ounce Silver Rounds
Buy 1 oz Silver Rounds Online
Our selection of silver rounds includes .999 and .9999 fine silver options. Silver rounds often have a lower premium over spot than silver coins. Our wide assortment of silver rounds includes items from popular brands, including 9Fine Mint, silver from trusted manufacturers, and APMEX secondary market options, which can often be purchased at a lower premium than new silver bars.
The price of any silver round depends on the silver spot price at the time of purchase. Our selection of silver rounds is offered in designs like popular historic designs at an affordable price point, including Buffalo rounds, Kennedy rounds, Walking Liberty rounds, and more.
Silver Bullion Rounds
You many wonder what the difference is between sliver rounds and silver coins. Rounds are circular discs with no "face value," meaning they are not considered legal tender like a silver bullion coin with a denomination but still hold the exchange value like gold and silver coins. Rounds typically come in many sizes, from 1 gram to 10 troy ounces, with the most traded rounds being 1 oz or less.
Silver rounds may not be as diverse or collectible as silver coins, with fewer options typically available. Still, they can be an excellent option for an anti-inflation hedge investment. Rounds are minted due to the exacting standards for detailed designs and clean striking. Rounds tend to sell for a lower premium relative to the current silver spot price, making them an excellent addition to a mixed precious metals investment portfolio and fitting any budget.
The History of Silver
Silver has been used as currency, jewelry, and ornamentation for thousands of years. Silver was first mined over 6,000 years ago in Anatolia or modern-day Turkey. The ancient Egyptians were some of the earliest users of silver, using it to make ornaments and jewelry. Around the same time, silver was also being used in China for similar purposes.
The discovery of silver in the New World led to its increased use and popularity worldwide. In 1546, silver was discovered in Zacatecas, Mexico. This discovery led to a silver boom in Mexico and increased production of silver coins worldwide. Silver became essential to the global economy and was used to finance many important projects.
Industrial and Commercial Uses for Silver
Silver is considered one of the most important natural resources globally, after water and oil. The silver precious metal is used to manufacture millions of electronic devices every year, including the electronic components of appliances and automobiles. Over 50 percent of silver sold yearly is put to industrial use. Silver's many uses include making mirrors, batteries, and electronics and increasing the effectiveness of pharmaceuticals.
Some of the most common industrial applications for silver include:
- Electronics: Silver is used in various electronics, including computers, cell phones, tablets, and other devices. It is a key component of the circuitry in these devices and helps to conduct electricity.
- Medicine: Silver is used in various medical applications, including bandages, dressings, and creams. It has antibacterial properties that help protect wounds from infection.
- Photography: Silver is used in photography to create images on film. It helps to capture light and produce clear images.
- Jewelry: Silver is commonly used in jewelry because of its affordability and durability.
- Silver is also used in other commercial applications, including air conditioning units, automotive parts, electrical wiring, food processing, golf clubs, heat exchangers, etc.
The demand for silver is constantly increasing due to its many industrial and commercial uses. Its value is recognized worldwide and remains an essential part of the global economy. Due to the ever-increasing demand for silver, adding silver rounds into your portfolio may create a good hedge against inflation and economic uncertainty.
Silver Round Price
The price of a 1 oz silver round depends on the spot price of silver at the time you purchase silver. The spot price of silver is the market price at which one troy ounce of silver can be bought and sold. The silver spot price is constantly changing, making it essential for buyers to stay updated on any performance indicators, like market conditions and current events, because they heavily impact the buying and selling of silver.
You can easily track silver prices via our website or by using the APMEX app.
Silver Round Mints and Manufacturers
Silver rounds come from various mints but primarily from private mints worldwide. At APMEX, we maintain a close relationship with silver manufacturers around the world and carry rounds for sale from these popular silver manufacturers and more:
- 9Fine Mint Silver Rounds: 9Fine Mint rounds feature clean, bold lines and signature 9Fine Mint ornamentation to make these rounds elegant and instantly recognizable.
- APMEX Silver Rounds: APMEX-branded silver rounds are composed of .999 fine silver and are guaranteed by APMEX. Our APMEX-branded silver bullion rounds include something for everyone.
- Germania Mint Silver Rounds: The Germania Mint produces some of the most fascinating modern silver bullion rounds on the market, often depicting symbols of Germanic heritage. Germania Mint's silver rounds often come in limited mintages, making them increasingly popular among collectors and investors.
- Holy Land Mint Silver Rounds: The Holy Land Mint produces silver rounds to celebrate countless historical events. Timeless, beautiful imagery combined with modern quality make Holy Land Mint Silver products among the most stunning in the world.
- Sunshine Mint Silver Rounds: All Sunshine Mint Silver rounds contain .999 fine silver. These silver rounds are hallmark-stamped, indicating the exact purity of the silver content.
Iconic Silver Round Themes
APMEX offers various silver round products based on themes that break away from the traditional commemorative sets. Some of the more popular themes we offer include:
- Armed Forces Day Silver Rounds: Declared an official holiday in 1962 by President Kennedy, Armed Forces Day was created to honor Americans who serve in the military branches of the United States, including the Army, National Guard, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Our selection of Armed Forces Silver rounds is the perfect way to celebrate the military and the sacrifices made by many.
- Holiday-Themed Silver Rounds: Get in the festive spirit of the holidays with our assortment of holiday-themed silver rounds. From Christmas and Easter to Cinco de Mayo, APMEX has a themed silver round for you.
- Sports Collegiate and Professional Silver Rounds: Cheer on your favorite athletes and sports teams by purchasing rounds designed to celebrate the world of sports. Whether you are a basketball fan or an expert golf player, these silver rounds are the perfect way to celebrate and display your favorites.
- Professions Silver Rounds: To honor the people who work in professions so integral to society, we carry an assortment of silver rounds celebrating important professional institutions, such as the fire department, the police department, and the medical community.
Within our assortment of 1 oz silver rounds, you will find our APMEX Stackables™. These silver rounds feature a raised, textured rim to allow easy stacking and storing. The APMEXclusive® interlocking ridges enable you to create a stack of as many 1 oz silver rounds as you like.